version 1.2 - 2 February 2019
As part of our mission to Secure your Success and protecting your Business, Operations & Reputation, Key Data Security B.V. and its affiliates and tradenames, including Cyber Guard International, collect, process and protect a lot of information.
Personal information we collect and process:
Depending on the service we provide to you, we may collect and process parts of this personal information:
-We collect your name, company name, company VAT-number, website, address, email address, birthday, phone number(s) and payment details (for example, your bank, credit card information).
- Other personal information that you actively provide (e.g. by creating a profile on our website, by email, phone or video call)
- We collect data about the Cyber Guard International websites that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account and the Cyber Guard International platforms, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about how you browse through the Cyber Guard International interface.
- When we need to verify your identity (for example, if there are concerns around identity theft, or if you call into support and we need to authenticate your account), we may request that you provide us with government-issued identification information.
- We may also use personal information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
Goal for which we collect and process:
We use this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to do a security scan of your website, provide consultancy & advise, to confirm your identity, contact you, ship a product to you, provide you with advertising and marketing, to give you access to and improve our Services; for example, to make our platform interface easier to use and to adjust our products and services to your preferences and invoice you. We also use this information to make sure that we comply with legal requirements. We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making -- for example, we use certain personal information to help us screen accounts for security, risk or fraud concerns and block suspicious access attempts e.g. based on black- or white-listed IP-addresses.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will safely store & keep your personal information no longer then required. If you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request. We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
Sharing of information with 3rd parties:
Cyber Guard International works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide you with our Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts when required. With companies that process (part) of your information we arrange a data processing agreement to ensure the same high level of Security and Confidentiality of your data. With our personnel & contractors that may have (temporary) access to your information we arrange a strict Non Disclosure Agreement and strong access control measures to ensure the high level of Security and Confidentiality of your data.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our General Terms and Conditions or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
- We will always ask for your consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than those described in the section “Goal for which we collect and process”
- Cyber Guard International is responsible for all onward transfers of personal information to third parties in accordance with the EU-GDPR, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Cookies and similar tracking technologies:
We may also use web beacons, software development kits, and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page. http://youradchoices.ca/choices/
How to disable cookies in your browser
Here's how to prevent new cookies from being installed and how to delete existing cookies. The exact procedure depends on which browser you are using.
Note: Disabling cookies may prevent our website and services to function correctly.
What we don’t do with your personal information:
We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services. If you are a merchant using Cyber Guard International Services, we do not use the personal information we collect from you or your customers to independently contact or market to your customers. However, Cyber Guard International may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We are a Cyber Security company with deep knowledge and experience in protection sensitive data in a practical way.
We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and critical IT systems with a risk-based approach.
Note: No method of digital data processing, is 100% secure or un-hackable. However, we protect your personal information with the highest level of security as if it is our own personal information.
Control over and access to your personal information:
Cyber Guard International acknowledges that you have rights over your personal information and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you have an account on our website, you can update many types of personal information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit Cyber Guard International websites or use our support services, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions or concerns about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how Cyber Guard International processes your personal data, please contact Cyber Guard International by email at:
info@Cyber Guard International.com, or by using the contact details below:
Cyber Guard International
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Postbus 9607 (Box G58)
1006 GC, Amsterdam